Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Harry Chapin !

Today would have been Harry's 70th birthday. Hard to imagine that he is gone so long. I could go on and on, explaining his influence on my life - musically and spiritually. I was blessed to see him in concert, to shake his hand, to play his songs in my "bar" days. I named my daughter after his song "Corey's Coming." Harry was one of a kind, - a man who believed in giving back. He would say "One night for me, the next two for the other guy." Harry, I will always listen to you and play your story songs. God bless you.

Here is one of my favorite Chapin songs....Story of a Life...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter is also named Corey for the same reason of course!!! Harry's works, music and actions resonate with me to this day.