Thursday, May 19, 2011

Almost there...





These last few months have been difficult for me to take the time to post, as I was very busy with my "diaconal formation" studies. Well, that time has come to an end. Ordination is coming very soon, actually this Saturday. Five years of formation has flown by. I have so many to thank - of course GOD! - family, friends, and religious who have helped me along the way...but one person in particular is always with me...Thomas Merton...he is always guiding me...keeping it all real.... So - I will be posting much more in the days ahead...

Fr. Louis (Merton) on the diaconate...

The first thing about the diaconate is that it is big. The more I think about it the more I realize that it is a Major Order. You are supposed to be the strength of the Church. You receive the Holy Spirit ad robur, not only for yourself, but to support the whole Church.

No comments: