Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Lennon



Just as millions of bloggers around the world are doing today, I must join in. Today, October 9th, would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. I remember exactly where I was when the news came that John Lennon was shot. It was though a piece of me had been severed from my being. I am a child of the 60's - and I can not deny that the BEATLES were a very strong influence on me. My first Beatle album was given to me as a Christmas gift in 1965. The album "Beatles 65." I still have it. The theme of my 1973 high school year book was "Imagine." Imagine was probably John's biggest solo hit. As I look back on the words of "Imagine" now, I could not imagine - no heaven, no religion. But I think what John was speaking about was plain and simple. PEACE. He just wanted peace in our world. And his words ring out today so clear "all we are saying, is give peace a chance." In 1975 he decided to change his life, stop recording - spend time with his family. As he said, he was "watching the wheels go round - no longer riding on the merry-go-round - he just had to let it go." Maybe we should look at our own lives, maybe time for us to do the same....

God bless you John Lennon!

No comments: