Aleteia.org – Worldwide Catholic Network Sharing Faith Resources for those seeking Truth – Aleteia.org
Thursday, August 5, 2010
My Favorite Devotions (tagged by a Chocolate Heart)
Looks like I have been tagged by "My Chocolate Heart."
So here a few of my favorite devotions...
1 . Eucharistic Adoration (He is always first!)
2. Holy Rosary
( especially Sat mornings at the Missionaries of Charity soup kitchen)
3. The Divine Office
(maybe not a devotion, but I am devoted to it)
4. Late night reading of Thomas Merton's journals.
* I am close to Merton, he was very human, like me.
I think I am a closet Trappist
5. Monthly meeting with my spiritual director (who is a Friar of the Renewal)
* and praying Compline with the brothers
6. Evening prayer with my "diaconate" class brothers
(before our Monday and Tuesday night classes)
What are your favorite devotions?