Thursday, June 3, 2010

Roses

Last evening I shot some images of the up and coming roses at the Brookdale Rose Garden in Montclair, NJ. Being in quiet places, whether it is a rose garden, a beach, or a Monastery - I enjoy the sense of peace - the meditation you can find there. In Thomas Merton's book "Thoughts on Solitude", he says "When I am silent, I hear my true self and reach my soul. When I am silent, I hear with a caring heart. Silence teaches us to know reality by respecting it where words have defiled it. If our life is poured out in useless words, we will never hear anything because we have said everything before we had anything to say."

Summer is a good time to find some quiet - find a place close by, a park, a beach, a Church, your own room. God will fill you with many graces in His silence.

Let us remember to pray for our country, and especially for those who are suffering directly from the ongoing tragedy in the Gulf.

Here are a few "rose" images - you can find more on my photoblogs...







No comments: