Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter - A Short Reflection


I love the winter. How everything dark and dirty is covered with white. Maybe this is what heaven will be like - heaven will be as white as snow. No, I think whiter than snow. The snow is a cushion, it makes everything quiet. A walk in the white covered woods moves one to silent prayer, a meditation, maybe contemplation. Thomas Merton says that "modern man needs a certain interior silence and discipline" - simply to keep himself together. Yes, when one walks in the silent woods, one may discover his own identity. Maybe find out the very reason he was born.

Lord, may I always dwell in your woods, in your silence, in your sweet peace. I long to hear your voice, and learn your song. You are my all in all, my Dear Sweet Jesus.


All images©bjm