Friday, September 18, 2009

Mary Travers


It was so sad yesterday to hear of the passing of Mary Travers. When I was a very young boy, I remember buying the album - "Peter, Paul and Mary - 10th Anniversary." I was hooked on this album and hooked on Peter, Paul and Mary every since. Theirs was the sound of a generation.

The first video here is Peter, Paul and Mary singing "Puff the Magic Dragon." In my Catholic Grammar school in the 1960's, this song was a big hit - with the nuns! So, all of us students had to learn it - and I never forgot one word.



Here is Peter, Paul and Mary singing John Denver's
"Leaving on Jet Plane"




Goodbye Mary, we are smiling for you...

3 comments:

victor said...

Beautiful memories!

When I was young, I couldn't afford to buy much cause we were very poor!

I hear ya! How poor were you Victor?

Well seeing you asked! We were so poor that if the wolf ever came to our front door, he would have had to brought a picnic lunch! :)

Anyway don't tell any body but when I served high mass as a teen, I honestly thought that Peter, Paul and Mary was part of "The Holy Family"

God Bless,

I hear ya! The Holy Family has already blessed me. :)

Peace then

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Poor you say?

We were so poor that the mice brought back any food they may have stolen.

Our house was so small that the mice were hunch-backed. And so damp we had a permanent rainbow in the kitchen.

I could go on ... but I will not.

May she rest in peace. Amen.

God bless.

Brian said...

You guys are hilarious!

Thanks for your comments!!!