Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Youth who loved the Pope at Mother's Beatification

On October 19th, 2003, my son and I attended the Beatification Mass of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, in Rome. Although it rained the night before, at dawn the golden sunlight was melting over St. Peters. As a Lay Missionary of Charity, I was lucky to secure tickets - we had very good seats, sitting very close to Pope John Paul II. The day was exciting, an emotional roller coaster. The square was a sea of people. So many different orders of religious, nuns wearing habits I never saw or imagined. And there were so many young people. The Holy Father knew they were there. When the Holy Father turned his gaze towards the crowd, and waved his hand, all the young people would stand on their seats and shout out "Viva La Papa, Viva La Papa" !

I took a photo of some exuberant young people, who were certainly in love with Mother Teresa and John Paul II.

No comments: