Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you Lord for all CREATION

We have arrived home from our mini-vacation in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State. My wife and I had a lovely time - the weather was perfect - cool and sunny almost every day. I am refreshed. Thank you Lord for granting my wife and I some free time to enjoy your First Revelation - "Creation."

Here are a few images from the Adirondacks

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance,
order, rhythm and harmony."


"Love is our true destiny.
We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone-
we find it with another."


"Art enables us to find ourselves and
lose ourselves at the same time."


Solitude is not something you must hope for
in the future.
Rather, it is a deepening of the present,
and unless you look for it in the present
you will never find it.



** All quotes above are by Thomas Merton

* images©bjm

1 comment:

Anne said...

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them!