Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Abortion, America's Nightmare


I was watching a news story this evening concerning the film “The Stoning of Soraya M.” This film concerns the legality of human stoning used as punishment in Iran today. The practice of stoning a human being is horrible. And a society that allows it is immoral and doomed to self destruction.

Then I was thinking, - wait a minute - since 1973, 50 MILLION children have been killed by abortion, not in Iran, but in the United States of America, our home, the land of the free! Using the words of Father John Corapi, who I have quoted before in this blog “WAKE UP AMERICA”! What are we doing! Please, the carnage must stop. Blessed Mother Teresa said so clearly “If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another.” And now don’t we see and hear about this killing every day, on TV, internet, newspapers. We have become immune to it. And how sad it is - now we have elected a President who, in his own words, said “if they (my daughters) make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." Where is the moral leadership? This “culture of death” will destroy our country.

Those of you who read my blog, and consider yourselves pro-choice, please – look into your heart. Do you really know what abortion is? Have you made an effort to find out? Do you know that abortion is killing? Have you ever watched an abortion? If you haven’t, you ought to. Then you will know that the unborn child suffers like you and me, the unborn child is a human being, like you and me, and the unborn child is made in the image of God, like you and me.

I am pro-life. I will continue posting articles concerning the legal killing of children in our country, until the nightmare is over.

Here is an important article from Catholic Online, written by Theresa Bonopartis.

Abortion: Killing off More than the Unborn

BRONX, NY - It has been about twenty years since I first became involved in pro life work. My motivating factor was to let others who were suffering in silence from a past abortion, learn of the forgiveness and mercy of God.

Having aborted a son in my fourth month of pregnancy due to pressure from my father, I knew all too well that abortion took a human life. I saw my unborn son lying on the bed beside me after giving birth to him from a saline abortion. Of course, he was dead. That picture will forever be ingrained in my mind, a reminder of what a sinner I am and just how far we can fall without the grace of God.

Over the years, I have had to work through a lot of emotions relating to the issue of life.. As someone post abortive, I often felt like I was stuck in the middle of the debate.I did not think either side really understood why women abort, and I was eager for people to learn so that others would come forward for healing without fear and hearts would be converted. I have always believed that if we truly worked to bring souls back to Christ for no other reason but their conversion, Christ would do the rest and end abortion.

Read more of this article HERE.

Theresa Bonopartis is the Director of "Lumina/Hope & Healing after Abortion", www.postabortionhelp.org 1-877-586-4621, lumina@postabortionhelp.org and the Co-Developer, “Entering Canaan” post abortion ministry. http://www.sistersoflife.org/ec.html

No comments: