Monday, June 15, 2009

The Year for Priests


The Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on June 19, 2009, will mark the beginning of the "Year for Priests." This will be a special time for us to pray for our priests, who, by their ordination , are invested with the power to change bread and wine, good things of the earth, into the Most Holy Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Pope Benedict XVI has declared June 19th, 2009 the beginning of the "Year for Priests." This should be a time for us to pray for priests and for priestly vocations. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has created a website offering many resources to aid in the celebrations of this important year.
St. John Vianney, Prayer

I love you, O my God, and my only desire is to love you until the last breath of my life. I love you, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving you, than live without loving you. I love you, Lord, and the only grace I ask is to love you eternally . . . . My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love you, I want my heart to repeat it to you as often as I draw breath.

* Iconographer Marek Czarnecki of Seraphic Restorations in Meriden, Connecticut

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

Thanks Brian - it's certainly very important that in this Year for Priests we all pray a little extra hard for holy priests and vocations.