Friday, June 12, 2009

Time for Retreat



I will be leaving this morning for my yearly "diaconate formation" retreat "down the shore", as we say in New Jersey. I always loved going down the shore, so this retreat is special. Bruce Springsteen said "down the shore everything's alright." And I pray that it will be alright - sunny, warm, and a sky of blue. Retreats are important. Time to get out of the daily routine, change the schedule. Meditate on heavenly things. A time for discernment. Please pray for me while I spend some quiet time with God. I will be praying for all of you...

I leave you this video of the sea - while you watch you can reflect with me...



An old man was asked, 'How can I find God?' He said, 'In fasting,
in watching, in labours, in devotion, and, above all, in
discernment. I tell you, many have injured their bodies without
discernment and have gone away from us having achieved nothing.
Our mouths smell bad through fasting, we know the Scriptures by
heart, we recite all the Psalms of David, but we have not that
which God seeks: charity and humility.'

Apophthegmata Patrum

* See you Sunday afternoon...

1 comment:

gabriella50 said...

Thank you for the beautiful video.
Have a fruitful weekend with Our Lord!
I'll pray for you.