Sunday, June 28, 2009

Simon Clayton, my Godson


This is my Godson, Simon Clayton. Simon is a graduate of St. Benedict's Preparatory school in Newark, New Jersey, now attending St. Vincent's College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Simon is an extraordinary young man and a very talented singer, and a friend of Francis Cardinal Arinze! A few years ago I was invited by Simon to a special Holy Mass at St. Benedict's Prep. When I arrived Simon wanted me to meet a good friend of his. When I walked into the Chapel, who was there waiting to meet me but the Cardinal himself. The Cardinal was very kind to me, very interested in my various ministries. Maybe someday I will be able to say that I shook hands with a Pope!

Here is a piece of music you are all familiar with, Simon Clayton singing with the St. Vincent's choir. click on the titled link below....

St. Vincent's choir with Simon Clayton

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Nice piece.....

But I still like the Johnny Cash Anita Carter version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBqIlXUo2A

Speaking of Cash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGEaWfiDGA

Nice blog.

Que Dios te bendiga.

pablo