Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lilacs














As the title of this blog states, "this is a blog where everything can go." So, now we go from scandal to lilacs. The above images are flowers of my lilac tree, which is planted near my bedroom window. Every spring these beautiful flowers bloom for about two weeks or so. The flowers fill the air with sweet perfume. They are a joy.

Here is a short poem by Amy Lowell "Lilacs" -

Heart-leaves of lilac all over New England,
Roots of lilac under all the soil of New England,
Lilac in me because I am New England.


If you are a flower lover, and you have access to the Northern New Jersey area, I recommend a visit to the Presby Memorial Iris Gardens in Upper Montclair. The 2009 bloom season is underway!

Presby Iris Gardens

* Images ©bjm

No comments: